Report of Findings Relating to Identification of Sir Francis Drake's Encampment at Point Reyes National Seashore
A comphrehensive book by Raymond Aker of findings up to 1970 relating to Drake's landing at Point Reyes, CA.
DNG Archaeology Research
The DNG's archeological and natural science findings.
National Historic Landmark Documents
The United States Department of the Interior has recognized Francis Drake's and Sebastian Cermeño's encampments and interactions with the Coast Miwok people.
- National Historic Landmark application
- Notes of DNG presentation to NHL public hearing
- Redacted slides of NHL public hearing presentation (The slides are redacted to protect the sensitive nature of the archeological resource.)
- Sir Simon Cassels letter read at NHL public hearing
- NPS press release of NHL
National Historic Landmark Dedication Ceremony
A ceremony was held at Point Reyes National Seashore to commemorate the National Historic Landmark.
- Edward Von der Porten speech at NHL dedication ceremony
- Dr. Marco Meneketti speech at NHL dedication ceremony
- Miwok Archaeological Preserve article: page 1(The slides are redacted to protect the sensitive nature of the archeological resource.)
- Miwok Archaeological Preserve article: page 2
- Miwok Archaeological Preserve article: page 3
- NHL Ceremony Invitation From National Park Service
- NPS Press Release